Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful little turkeys

Last week, my children made the sweetest little thankful turkeys in the history of turkey thankfulness! I'm sure I'll say the same thing next year, as I'm sure I said the same thing last year. :) That's just how moms are...every sweet little project is always the cutest!

For this quick project you will need:

one large and one small circle in coordinating papers
five (or more) popsicle sticks
markers, crayons, or colored pencils
glue
yarn or string

Have your child color the popsicle sticks in fall type colors. We did orange, red, brown, and yellow. Then glue the small circle to the large circle so it looks like a head resting on a chunky turkey body. Draw eyes, a beak, and a wattle onto the turkey face.

If your child is able, have them write something they are thankful for on each popsicle stick. If your child is not of writing age, have them dictate their thankful things to you as you write them on the stick. Then, glue the sticks onto the back of the turkey making sure the writing is facing out so it can be easily read. Attach a piece of yarn to the back and hang as a Thanksgiving decoration!

Work by little hands is my favorite kind of artwork to display in my house. And it warms my heart to read the sweet things my littles are thankful for.

Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. Will you keep them and display them next year too? I strive to do one keepsake type art project each holiday to display each year. I usually try to incorporate their hands or feet prints as a nice little growth marker as well. I love pulling out these projects each year and remembering--remembering the moment we made them and just how little they were and how much they've grown. Probably my favorite part about holiday decorating--rediscovering the previous holidays' magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will definitely keep them! We usually do art projects that double as our holiday decorations each year...it's so fun taking each homemade keepsake out and talking about when we made it and the fun memories from that specific year. I LOVE the idea of including hands and feet into the project! I've done that a few times, but I so wish I would have done it every year.

      Delete