Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pulled Beef Sandwiches

Hello all!

Last week I shared with you my recipe for ROAST TRI-TIP in the crock pot. I promised you all three meals out of one roast, so today I am back with a tasty dinner to make using some of your leftovers.

Pulled Beef Sandwiches. Yum. All you need is some of your roast, fork-shredded, and some of your favorite BBQ sauce. My mom gave me this idea, and I'm so thankful she did! This dinner was a hit with the family! Since this is really not a recipe, I'll just give you basic step by step instructions on what I did.



1. Place your fork-shredded beef into a saucepan over medium heat. Just eyeball the amount of beef you use. We are a family of 6 and I would estimate I used about 2 C of beef. So just put in what looks right for the amount of people you are feeding.

2. Add about 2 T of water to the beef along with about 3/4 C of your BBQ sauce. Again, just eyeball this. If you really like BBQ sauce, put in more. There is no right and wrong here.

3. Heat and stir until beef is heated through.

4. Serve on a warm hamburger bun with a side salad and some caramelized turnips....

About those turnips. I really, really, REALLY wish I could utter the words, "Oh my children LOVED my caramelized turnips. They couldn't get enough of them. I didn't have to hear one word of complaint when I served these!" But, alas, in the real world, everyone (including myself) had a huge aversion to them. I'm glad we tried them, though. Now we know, none of us like caramelized turnips. And that's ok!

Two recipes down, one to go! This next one is my favorite!! Stay tuned!

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment