Friday, February 22, 2013

Rosemary, Lemon, and Vanilla Air Freshener

We love delicious scents. It's one of the reasons I bake so much. I love the way it makes the house smell...so calming and inviting. Here is a great idea I saw on Pinterest awhile ago to make the house smell beautiful using fruits and herbs!

 Put a few sticks of rosemary, a cut up lemon (or remains of a lemon), and a vanilla bean cut in half or a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract into a small pot.

Fill the pot about 3/4 of the way full with water.

Woo! Bright picture! :)
Set it on your stove to simmer....and enjoy the scent of rosemary, lemon, and vanilla. Aaahhhh:)

I like to keep this on the stovetop and reuse it for about five days. I leave it on the heat for about 20 minutes at a time. I add in any orange peels or any other lemons I may use. It really smells divine! Just keep an eye on the water level. Even on simmer it evaporates rather quickly, and you wouldn't want the smell of burnt lemons and rosemary in the house.:)

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I bet this makes you home smells delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really like it...it's simmering as I type :)

      Delete