Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Folded Heart Cards

After writing THIS post last week with our Valentines printables, I started thinking, "Man those huge hearts are cumbersome to put in the mail." So, I woke up in the middle of the night that night with the great idea of making a folded heart card. Now, I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this...in fact, I know I can't be. But I thought, maybe if I've been in the dark on making these easy little cards maybe someone else has been too and will find this  post helpful. So, here's a quick  how-to on making Folded Heart Cards.

First, you can start by printing out this cute little heart. It's the perfect size for a card. Just click it, right click, save it to your desktop (or wherever) and print!

Cut out the heart. Next, take a piece of folded cardstock or scrapbook paper, whatever you are using as your card, and trace the heart onto it. Make sure the top of the heart is against the fold of the card.

Notice I didn't completely trace the top rounded part of the heart on each side. That is because you are NOT going to cut that area. That is where the card will remain intact so you can fold it open.

Now, cut on the traced lines, and you are done!


Decorate as you see fit and send it (easily) in the mail to your sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment