Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Goodie Number 5

Merry almost Christmas! Here is our fifth, and final, Christmas goodie!

I just took my tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe and swapped out vanilla for peppermint....and I'm so glad I did!! Enjoy!

Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 C butter, softened ( I used 1/2 C butter and 1/2 C coconut oil. Personally, I like my cookies better this way...but all butter is good too!)
3/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. peppermint extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 C flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375*.

Beat butter, sugars, and peppermint extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy.  Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

I made these one night when the kids were in bed. The next day I gave them one and they were so surprised by the peppermint flavor...and, needless to say, they loved it! It's a very festive addition to a good old recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment