Friday, October 5, 2012

A Few of Our Favorite Things: Bendaroos

Bendaroos are bendable straws coated in wax....and they are AWESOME!!! My kids love playing with them! Emma received them for Christmas one year from my husband's aunt (a teacher that keeps us stocked in arts and crafts supplies. Thanks Aunt Eunice!!) and we have been hooked ever since! Bendaroos come in a variety of colors, and some are even glow in the dark! Included in the box is an instructional booklet if you want to make their designs. They have instructions on how to make different flowers, animals, bugs, vehicles, etc; or you can just make up your own stuff! The picture above is a flower Emma created. Sadly, this is the only picture I have of our Bendaroo creations. A lot of times, the kids will give them out as little presents in cards. We've given some to Grandpa and Grandma (Joel's parents) and sent a few to Nanny and Papa (my parents)...they are special additions to letters and cards, and fit right in the envelope!

At first I didn't know what you could do with the Bendaroo creation once it was complete, but, as you can see, they make great window/mirror clings! We made up a bunch of snowflakes one year at Christmas and put them up on a glass cabinet I had in the kitchen. There are so many things you can make with them!

Bendaroos are great too because I can just let them go and play with them without worrying about a mess getting everywhere. If the children are needing a project or something to occupy them while I'm making dinner or something, Bendaroos are great for that!!!

If you would like to check them out, Amazon.com has a great selection! HERE is a link that will take you to just one of the many  Bendaroo kits they have. If you try these out, I hope you enjoy! They're fun for adults too!:)

(I am not doing these 'product reviews' on behalf of anyone but myself. I just like to share some of our favorite things!)

No comments:

Post a Comment