Wednesday, September 5, 2012

School Year 2012-2013

 Aaahhh, I just love the start of a fresh, new school year! School supplies, new books, fresh perspective! So wonderful! Here are a couple of new things we are incorporating into our routine this year.

Circle Time

The children are really diggin circle time so far! We come together in the morning around our school table.  Everyone sits at their spot with their special bins and pencil boxes.  We sing a song accompanied by Emma on the piano, we do devotions, memory work, phonograms or shapes or numbers, school charts, etc.  And we do this all together. I love the unity it brings about in the morning. I have been trying to keep it a little on the shorter side, because, hello, I have a 2 year old boy, and sitting for extended amounts of time really isn't his thing. He is really liking it a lot though, so that's encouraging:)




                       All working hard on our Circle Time cutting activity.

Cooking Class

I'm very excited about this! So far we have made applesauce. I am planning on cooking/baking with the children, on purpose, once a week. So stay tuned for recipes and such!:)

Latin Class

Here we come into uncharted waters.  Latin.  Wow.  We are using a curriculum called Prima Latina. It is designed for the teacher (or parent) that has little or no experience with Latin.  Yep, that's me! I have sung a few songs in high school choir that were in Latin, and I know a few Latin phrases (Carpe Diem! name that movie). But that's about all. Emma and I are looking forward to this new class!:)


2012-2013 is shaping up to be a great school year! What new and exciting things are you all trying out this year?





Happy Learning!!!!! Check back here for more craft, cooking, and curriculum ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment