Thursday, September 13, 2012

Biscuits a la Emma






Hello everybody! This is Emma. I've got a really good biscuit recipe for you. Here it is!

I used my own cookbook for this recipe!

The Best Biscuits

2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
5 T cold butter cut into chunks
3/4cup milk

Preheat the oven to 425*.  Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl.  Cut in the butter using a pastry blender until it is crumbly and the butter is totally combined.  Add the milk gradually and stir just until dough forms a ball.  You may need to knead it a bit by hand to get the dry ingredients totally incorporated. 

Roll the dough out to about 2 inches thick.  Using a circular biscuit cutter, cut your circles.  Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.  

Serve with butter and honey!






 The dry ingredients (taken by Emma)



The chunked up butter. (Taken by Emma)

Blending it in.

All blended up.
The measured milk.

Pour the milk into the bowl. Then mix it up.

Formed biscuits. (Taken by Emma)

Done!
I hope you like this recipe. It goes well with soup. My favorite soup is vegetable soup. Enjoy!


This is one of Emma's most favorite recipes! She does a great job with following it...I'm sure she could do it all herself! 

These biscuits are a must have in our family during fall and winter. There is just something SO incredibly satisfying about a hot bowl of soup and a buttery biscuit on a chilly night! We hope you'll try them....and that you'll love them as much as we do!!

Blessings! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, I made the biscuits pumkin shaped.I love making them.Thanks for the recepie. My family loved them including Princess the cat.They turned out yummy.Love Haley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Emma!! I'll have to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete