Thursday, August 2, 2012

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to our little corner of the blog world! My name is Julia and I am a 20-something mother of four fantastic, creative, and energetic kids. We love to 'do projects', as the kids call it. Cooking and baking is another favorite around here. My oldest daughter has a knack for creating her own recipes. Sometimes it's hard for me to let go, and let her work her culinary magic...but I'm learning.:) We also homeschool, which is an adventure and a half. We have a 2nd grader, preschooler, toddler, and babe. Sometimes I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off....and then other times everything is organized and as smooth as butter. We are Christians, and our faith is all important. We strive to do all things to the glory of God, and are dedicated to live out our faith in front of our kids...helping them to grasp who God is, their desperate need for a Savior, and the work Christ completed for them on the cross. I've chatted with many moms; some in my own family, and some friends; that sometimes struggle with what to do with their kids all day long. Sometimes you just need a little spark of an idea, or someone to kind of give you a little push into creativity. That's where this blog comes in! I'm here to share our creative efforts. I'll be posting crafts, tutorials, recipes, and learning activities that you can do with your kids. Use what we do as a springboard for your own creative and crafty fun! My aim is to make everything easy and kid friendly, and to tie it into schooling in some way. This isn't going to be an 'all homeschool, all the time' sort of blog...but since life is learning anyway, it'll all fit in nicely...I pray! Also, my oldest daughter, Emma, will be sharing some of her favorite crafts that are easy enough for her to do almost all on her own. She'll type the post, take the pictures, and explain it all! I'll also share tons of pictures, because, let's face it, I'm addicted to taking them...and who doesn't love looking at a bunch of adorable children having a ball cutting, gluing, coloring, etc. So come on and join us! I hope we can impart that spark that you may be needing for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment