Friday, August 31, 2012

Banana Cake ~ A la Emma!

Hello again! Today I have a very special post to share with you all! Emma is here to tell you how to make a perfectly delicious Banana Cake.  She made one for her daddy's birthday, and boy was it ever tasty! My words will be written in BLACK and all things Emma will be written in PURPLE. So, take it away Emma!!


Hello!  My name is Emma, and I am 7 years old. 



I wanted to make a cake for my daddy's birthday, but he doesn't like regular cakes. So I made up a banana cake, that wasn't really cakey. I made up a recipe and Mommy helped me write it out. And here it is!

Banana Cake

Grease a little square pan. ( 8 x 8 size )
 Heat the oven to 350*.

First, melt together:

1 stick of butter
1/4 C of water

 Set it aside.

Next, mix together in a large bowl:

1 C flour
1 C sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 C milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
hint of nutmeg (my special ingredient)

 Add the melted butter and water to the bowl and mix well. 




Mash 2 or 3 bananas in a different bowl.

 Add bananas to the cake batter. Mix well. You can add chopped nuts if you want.
Then, put it in the pan.


 Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cake stick comes out clean.
Cool.

Frost with cream cheese frosting.

1/2 stick of cream cheese , softer
1/2 stick of butter, soft 
1 tsp of vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
mix it all together.
frost the cake.


If you try it I hope you like it! Daddy said he liked it better than banana cream pie, and banana cream pie was his favorite!
 Thank you for sharing Emma! What was your favorite part of making Daddy's birthday cake?

Mashing the bananas!

Do you think you'll make this cake again? If you do, will you change anything, or keep it just like this?

Yeah! I'll keep it just like this!

Yes, I think you should! It was delicious!

We have one more birthday celebration post to share with you...then we'll share some beginning school year things with you! Have a great weekend and a wonderful Labor Day! God bless!   

(All photos were taken by Emma, except the first and last.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment